Chiropodist, Bernard Betel Centre
Bernard Betel Centre
The Bernard Betel Centre is a vibrant, growing, active community centre for older adults, offering over 120 programs each week to seniors (55+) in the community. We are a non-profit organization with over 2,300 members and many more non-members; participating year round in special events, courses, volunteer opportunities and many other offerings.
• Performs treatment, health education/counselling for diseases, disorders and dysfunctions of the foot and other clinical foot care activities according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario;
• Treatment consists of patient education, routine foot and nail care;
• Ensures chiropody areas, resources, materials and equipment are maintained;
• Provides foot health education to both patients and allied health professionals, and interested community groups or associations;
• Operates as a collaborative member of the Bernard Betel Centre team and be a team player interacting with co-workers, volunteers, patients and their families;
• Demonstrates competency and professionalism; consistently demonstrates knowledge and expertise following the standards of practice expected by the College of Chiropodists of Ontario;
• Sterilizes instruments as expected by the College of Chiropodists of Ontario;
• Refers patients to private foot clinics in the area for extended care if required;
• Demonstrates strong written and communication skills; listens for clarity and meaning, and communicates in an honest manner to make sure there is mutual understanding between patient and practitioner;
• Demonstrates a warm, caring, respectable and professional relationship when interacting with volunteers, patient/members, their families and co-workers;
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and works within the financial budget.
• Diploma in Chiropody from a recognized institute;
• Current certification in CPR and First Aid;
• Current registration with and member in good standing of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario;
• Proficient verbal and written skills in Russian is an asset;
• Knowledge of gerontology and/or experience working with seniors is an asset.
37.5 hours per week
$35.00 per hour
Manager, Health Promotion and Wellness
1003 Steeles Ave. West
416-225-2112, ext. 126