Chiropodist – Halton Healthcare
• Assess and treat foot conditions. Treatment consists of patient education (both individual and group), foot and nail care, wound management, custom orthotics, compression stockings and provision of foot care products and orthopedic/comfort footwear.
• Function as a collaborative member of the department team which consists of Chiropodists, Registered Practical Nurses, Shoe Fitter and Office Administrator to provide a quality customer focused service and a successful revenue generating department.
• Assisting with scheduling of the community based foot care contracts as applicable to ensure adequate coverage is provided. This includes scheduling and ensuring foot care services to all HHS hospital sites.
• Demonstrated competency in chosen profession; consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice and hospital-based standards
• Demonstrated patient and consumer focus; makes a commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all internal and external customers
• Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved in patient care is valuable
• Demonstrated strong communicator; listen for clarity and meaning, and to speak in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation
• Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every coworker, patient or family member with understanding and kindness and hold in high regard and respond appropriately to the needs of self and others
• Demonstrated fiscal responsibility; to model a sound understanding of, and work within, the financial boundaries of Halton Healthcare Services funding
Halton Healthcare Services is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
• Recognized diploma in Chiropody required
• Current registration with and member in good standing of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Experience in providing clinical care, particularly to the elderly
• Experience providing foot care in Retirement and Long Term Care facilities would be an asset
• Customer service experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential for medical reports and educational and promotional activities
• Marketing experience would be an asset
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to effectively interact within a multi-disciplinary team
• Sound problem solving skills
• Flexible to meet changing department/service needs
• Must have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel within Halton and surrounding areas
• Able to meet the physical demands of the position
• Satisfactory employment and attendance record required