Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – Interior Health
Interior Health is proud to deliver high-quality health-care services to residents and visitors of the Southern Interior of British Columbia. We strive to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services and our mission is to promote healthy lifestyles and provide needed public health services in a timely, caring and efficient manner, to the highest professional and quality standards.
Kamloops, British Columbia
Interior Health is seeking a Permanent Full Time Diagnostic Medical Sonographer to join our team at the Royal Inland Hospital.
The Royal Inland Hospital is a 216 acute bed hospital and one of Interior Health’s two Tertiary Referral Hospitals. RIH has a state of the art emergency trauma unit and is designated as a trauma center. It has a newly built 17 bed Intensive care Unit and a Level 2 Neonatal Acute Care unit. Kamloops is also home to a 44 bed Tertiary Psychiatric Facility located on the Royal Inland Hospital campus.
The Diagnostic Imaging Department consists of five general ultrasound rooms (Abdominal, OB/Gyn, vascular, small parts, MSK, breast and interventional (i.e. biopsies), two echo rooms (TEE’s and pericardiocentesis), and one vascular lab that completes arterial and ultrasound studies. The number of scans varies per day, with the average being 10 to 13 for general and 8 for echo. General ultrasound rooms have five Philips IU22’s, echo rooms have GE Vivid 7’s, and in vascular a Philips IU22, and Falcon Pro arterial machine.
All of our sites are connected through our regional Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS) integrated into our single Electronic Health Record providing real-time patient histories anywhere within Interior Health. We have clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout Interior Health.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Generalist) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Abdomen/Small Parts and Obstetrics/Gynecology).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
Rotating Days (07:30 to 16:22 hours)
$29.43 to $36.67
Interior Health offers:
• An exceptional place to work. We are recognized as one of BC's Top Employers for 2015
• 100 percent Employer Paid Benefits Plan
• Generous vacation entitlement
• Generous Pension Plan
• Opportunities for On-Going Education and Career Development
• Safe and welcoming communities
• Relocation Allowance Assistance