Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – Interior Health
Interior Health is proud to deliver high-quality health-care services to residents and visitors of the Southern Interior of British Columbia. We strive to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services and our mission is to promote healthy lifestyles and provide needed public health services in a timely, caring and efficient manner, to the highest professional and quality standards.
Vernon, British Columbia
Do you want a rewarding and meaningful career where you can be a part of a leading health organization? We have an exciting opportunity in Vernon, BC for a Permanent Full-time Diagnostic Medical Sonographer who is certified in both General and Echo Ultrasound.
This position is based in Vernon Jubilee Hospital. Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH) is one of four service area hospitals within Interior Health’s network of health care facilities. It serves approximately 86,000 residents residing within the areas of Vernon, Armstrong, Enderby, Spallumcheen, Salmon Arm, Revelstoke and Nakusp.
Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH) has a new patient care tower. The Polson Tower adds a total of 231,000 square feet of space to the VJH site. Programs and services have been consolidated and modernized to improve health service delivery and includes expanded Emergency and Ambulatory Care departments, new Intensive Care and Coronary Care units, new larger Operating Rooms, and a new Women’s and Children’s Health Services department and we are still expanding.
Our Ultrasound Department has 5 dedicated rooms, 2 specifically used for Echo and 3 for general ultrasound and interventional procedures. There is a good range of outpatient exams throughout the day mixed in with inpatients and ER cases and biopsies. The hours of work in the department are Monday to Friday 7:50 to 16:40; the department provides on call services until 22:00 hours/7 day week. Assigned call rotations include a Saturday shift with alternate day off.
To explore an exciting new career opportunity, apply online today! New graduates are welcomed to apply. Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonogrpahy (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Generalist and Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, and Cardiac).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
Monday to Friday (7:50 to 16:40 hours)
$29.43 to $36.67 per hour
Interior Health offers:
• An exceptional place to work. We are recognized as one of BC's Top Employers for 2015
• 100 percent Employer Paid Benefits Plan
• Generous vacation entitlement
• Generous Pension Plan
• Opportunities for On-Going Education and Career Development
• Safe and welcoming communities
• Relocation Allowance Assistance