Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – Interior Health
Interior Health is proud to deliver high-quality health-care services to residents and visitors of the Southern Interior of British Columbia. We strive to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services and our mission is to promote healthy lifestyles and provide needed public health services in a timely, caring and efficient manner, to the highest professional and quality standards.
Trail, British Columbia
Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) is seeking a permanent part-time (33 hours per week) Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
KBRH is the regional center for the Kootenay Boundary Health Service Area. We perform a wide variety of exams including abdominal, pelvic, obstetrical, vascular, small parts, echo, and some interventional work (drainages and biopsies). We perform exams on outpatients and inpatients (includes ER and ICU). Our ultrasound technologists are actively involved with practicum training.
We have 3 rooms, 2 general, vascular and small parts, and echo. 3rd room – general, vascular, small parts. US average 6500 exams per year, Echo -1700 exams per year.
Come and work with an organization that is committed to delivering high-quality services. Supported by state-of-the-art technology, our Diagnostic Imaging Departments are setting new standards of excellence in patient care.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonogrpahy (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Generalist) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Abdomen/Small Parts and Obstetrics/Gynecology).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
Rotating Days (07:30 to 16:22 and/or 08:00 to 16:48 hours)
$29.43 to $36.67 per hour
Interior Health offers:
• An exceptional place to work. We are recognized as one of BC's Top Employers for 2015
• 100 percent Employer Paid Benefits Plan
• Generous vacation entitlement
• Generous Pension Plan
• Opportunities for On-Going Education and Career Development
• Safe and welcoming communities
• Relocation Allowance Assistance