Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – Interior Health
Interior Health is proud to deliver high-quality health-care services to residents and visitors of the Southern Interior of British Columbia. We strive to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services and our mission is to promote healthy lifestyles and provide needed public health services in a timely, caring and efficient manner, to the highest professional and quality standards.
Golden, British Columbia
Interior Health is seeking to hire a permanent, full time Diagnostic Medical Sonographer for Golden and District Hospital. This position is unique in that the Sonographer is the sole ultrasound technologist for this site.
Golden and District Hospital is an 8-bed, community hospital offering inpatient, obstetrics, and emergency services. This position works closely with the Radiologist, Physicians, and Emergency Department Staff. The Diagnostic Imaging Department is quite busy. Workload primarily consists of Abdomen, Gyne, Small Parts, and Limited Doppler Studies; no Echo. The Sonographer works Monday through Friday, with weekends and statutory holidays off.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives, verifies and processes requisitions from physicians for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations.
• Organizes workload according to exam priority and equipment availability.
• Prepares patient for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations by performing duties such as explaining procedures and contraindications, verifying relevant patient information, ensuring consent for examinations, etc.
• Performs all diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations (such as obstetrics, gynecology, abdominal, small parts, neurosonography, and echocardiography). Performs related calculations and technical analysis to aid physicians in the interpretation of scans.
• Works collaboratively with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals incorporating best practices.
• Participates in and provides input into quality improvement and risk management procedures and processes.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Generalist) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as Abdomen/Small Parts and Obstetrics/Gynecology).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
$28.28 to $35.25 per hour
Interior Health offers:
• An exceptional place to work. We are recognized as one of BC's Top Employers for 2015
• 100 percent Employer Paid Benefits Plan
• Generous vacation entitlement
• Generous Pension Plan
• Opportunities for On-Going Education and Career Development
• Safe and welcoming communities
• Relocation Allowance Assistance