Diagnostic Medical Sonographers – Canada Diagnostic Centres
Canada Diagnostic Centres
Since 1993, Canada Diagnostic Centres has been providing Exceptional Patient Care in the medical imaging field. From MRI scans to mammograms, Canada Diagnostic Centres offers leading edge technology to meet the needs of patients across Alberta and throughout Canada. From its beginnings as a private-only MRI centre to today’s multi-modality service provider, Canada Diagnostic Centres continues to uphold its Exceptional Patient Care standards and leading edge diagnostic imaging reputation.
Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta
CDC is seeking motivated individuals to join our growing Ultrasound team. Specialized training to increase skill-sets is available and highly encouraged.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta/Calgary, Alberta
Status: Full-Time, 35 Hours/Week (Compressed work-week options available)
Positions: Multiple Positions
Salary: $39.53 – $50.98/Hour
Incentives: Relocation assistance, recruitment bonus, skill-set premiums, excellent benefits, health/personal spending account, sonographer referral program
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains ultrasound equipment, work area and adequate supply levels.
• Participates in the maintenance of accreditation.
• Trains student sonographers and completes evaluation of students.
• Ability to effectively operate sonographic equipment.
• Ability to evaluate sonograms to acquire appropriate diagnostic information.
• Ability to integrate diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, patient history and medical records, and adapt sonographic examination as necessary.
• Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each examination performed.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations and patient's needs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff.
• Ability to follow established departmental procedures.
• A successful graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
• Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) holding credential of RDMS.
• Active certification by the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP) holding credential of CRGS.
• Active membership with Sonography Canada.
(For new grads, certain qualifications will be a condition of employment upon hiring if the qualification has not already been achieved).
35 hours per week
$39.53 - $50.98/hour
Interested candidates are asked to apply online at http://www.canadadiagnostics.ca/careers