Laboratory Technologist, Alberta Health Services
Alberta Health Services
Laboratory Services offers a comprehensive range of routine testing in Lac La Biche, Alberta. These services provide support to clinicians in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of disease for the community residents. AHS Laboratory Services supports a patient-focused approach and expert consultation is available to assist laboratory staff, care providers, and users of our services.We provide a comprehensive benefits plan to enhance the health and well-being of our employees and their families. This includes (but is not limited to) health, dental, vision, disability and lifestyle considerations. View the Benefits that may be available to you here.The essence of our AHS culture and our values define what we believe in and what we stand for. They provide us with a common understanding of what’s important, anchor our thinking and provide us with a framework for our actions. Whatever we do and wherever we work, the quality of patient care is our touchstone. Valued, respected, engaged, committed and passionate are only a few words that describe our team members. If these resonate with you, come join our team.
Lac La Biche, AB
Are you a Medical Laboratory Technologist seeking a challenging work environment that will provide you support and opportunities for personal achievement and career growth? Do you have an interest in applying your comprehensive knowledge and experience to act as a resource for staff competency, coaching, performance appraisals, regional initiatives, recruitment as well as assisting with training new employees and students? In addition to bench work, do you possess leadership skills to ensure organized workflow and area processes, payroll verification as well as staff scheduling? Then you’ve found your fit as Laboratory Tech II with Alberta Health Services.
With your attention to detail, accuracy and ability to ensure precise quality results, you would perform a variety of manual and automated procedures in all disciplines. You will also perform equipment maintenance and troubleshooting on various laboratory instruments and be responsible for quality control review, troubleshooting and documentation as well as maintaining supply levels. You will ensure that area protocols are followed and participate in processes required in maintaining accreditation standards while ensuring staff safety. As Tech II for this vibrant laboratory you will also work closely with the Manager and Area Coordinator of the Laboratory Services Program. This will also afford you the opportunity to work with other clinical professionals to provide quality patient care.
- Requires current registration with the Alberta College of Medical Laboratory Technologists and an MLT Practice Permit and evidence of the appropriate CSMLS certification (eg. General, Diagnostic, Cytology, or Clinical Genetics). Employers retain the discretion to request CSMLS certification.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technology program.
- Experience with decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of three years experience in the designated laboratory division with strong Transfusion Medicine skills.
- previous computer experience required. Meditech experience preferred.
- Ability to organize, and work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment.
- Ability to assume responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to represent department with a professional manner.
$36.81 - $47.30 per hour