Medical Lab Technologist – Molecular Genetics
The Hospital for Sick Children (SickkKids)
The Hospital for Sick Children (SickkKids) is currently seeking two Medical Lab Technologists (MLTs) in Molecular Genetics to perform and be responsible for a variety of laboratory tests and procedures, acting in accordance with the mission, vision, values and goals of the Department of Paediatric Laboratory Medicine and those of the Hospital. The Medical Lab Technologists (MLTs) will support a 24 hour / 7 days a week operating lab.
555 University Ave, Toronto, ON
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
• Perform analytical tests, assess, interpret and report results related to molecular genetic testing.
• Maintain accurate laboratory records and records of testing.
• Operate and maintain laboratory equipment.
• Practice and perform a variety of laboratory tests and procedures accurately and precisely within defined time expectations (TATs).
• Recognize failure, troubleshoot, take remedial action, and document action, within their scope of practice, as required.
• Report failures, issues & action taken to immediate supervisor.
• Assess results against diagnosis to ensure relevant results correspond with known patient data, as appropriate.
• Follow inventory control system and communicate status to ensure availability of adequate reagents and supplies.
• Participate in the development, implementation and support of the policies, processes and procedures within the Quality System to support the effective operation of the Department of Paediatric Laboratory Medicine (DPLM).
• Comply with DPLM safety guidelines.
• Perform quality control and document control results.
• Recognize unusual quality control results, take remedial action and document outcome.
• Report ongoing or unresolved QC issues to immediate supervisor.
Here’s What You’ll Need
• Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) in Molecular Genetics.
• Bachelor of Science.
• Solid technical skills and theoretical knowledge in molecular genetics.
• Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills, customer service orientation and ability to relate well to others.
• Strong organization and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and prioritize.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Ability to be self-directed and adaptable to new technologies and processes.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to make decisions based on your knowledge and experience.
37.5 hours per week
Employment Type: Full-Time, Temporary Employment (1 year, 37.5 hours per week)
This position offers health and dental benefits, vacation time, sick time and personal days.
*Please note that this position will remain online until it is filled.*
555 University Ave