Medical Laboratory Technician
LMC Diabetes and Endocrinology
We are 9 Centres of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology, in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec).We’re very proud to be one of Canada's Best Workplaces™.LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.LMC provides four industry-leading programs:- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations- A network of diabetes focused pharmaciesWhy LMC might be right for you!- Competitive Salary- Ongoing career training and development- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
Toronto and Thornhill
- Collect and process specimen (blood, urine, etc.) according to the protocol and laboratory manual and procedures.
- Conduct blood glucose testing for diabetes patients and with the Clinical Research Coordinator and/or physician, manage and coordinate hypo or hyper-glycemia based on blood sugar values.
- Process other in-house testing i.e. urine sampling, pregnancy tests, ACTH stimulation test, AIC and to maintain accurate source documents
- Maintenance and shipment of specimens to the appropriate laboratory as indicated in LMC Lab SOP and/or study protocol.
- Management of supplies, equipments and calibration, including daily temperature tracking and reporting
- Perform other duties such as study medication accountability, database query and review, preparation of patient charts, patient monitoring and problem solving.
- Follow appropriate chemical and universal blood and body fluid precautions hygiene. Maintain sanitary and safe work area
- Perform Health Inspector duties as required by LMC Health and Safety guidelines
- Achieve and maintain IATA certification
- Science background required (Certificate, DEC or B.Sc.) or completion of a Laboratory Technician or Assistant program at a recognized College or University.
- Phase I –IV clinical research is considered a strong asset.
- Vasofix IV catheter insertion would be considered a strong asset.
- Must be comfortable with hours of work (including weekdays, afternoon and night shifts)
- May possess a MLT diploma or certification
- CSMLS certified or equivalent
- Comfortable with performing phlebotomy
- Able to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, attention to detail and multi-task
Please apply using the following links:
416 645-2928 ext. 9333