Medical Laboratory Technologist, Kingston General Hospital
Kingston General Hospital
KGH is a complex acute care hospital with a workforce of 7,000 employees, physicians, students and volunteers. We serve the needs of more than 5,000 residents in Southeastern Ontario.KGH is the only tertiary care hospital between Toronto and Montreal.
• Performs specimen handling and processing.
• Performs Lab Testing depending on Clinical Lab assignment.
• Performs repeat testing where required.
• Responsible for verifying, reporting and releasing of all results by self
• Phones and documents phone call of abnormal and critical lab results based on established policies and procedures.
• Performs Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures to ensure Lab testing meets established requirements and standards.
• Ensures efficient use of laboratory supplies and reagents.
• Monitors supplies inventory to ensure adequate supply is maintained. Notifies appropriate person when re-orders are required.
• Performs and documents routine equipment maintenance and performs minor troubleshooting procedures.
• Provides guidance and supervision to Laboratory Assistants where required.
• Applicants for positions in the Department of Genetics Services are required to produce a certificate of registration from the College of Medical Laboratory Technology of Ontario with endorsement in the disciplines of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics.
• Demonstrable skills in the discipline applied for.
• Demonstrated interest in personal professional development.
• Computer skills to include Lab Information System and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a focus on interaction with Laboratory staff and internal and external health professionals.
• Diplomacy and understanding others’ viewpoints.
• Flexibility to meet operational requirements, including hours of work, location and accessibility to staff.
• Must be highly motivated.
• A strong team player, with the ability to perform duties independently.
• Proven ability to attend work regularly.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
To apply please go to: https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?company=KGH
76 Stuart Street
613-549-6666 x. 6831