Part-Time Medical Laboratory Technologist, Hannam Fertility Centre
Hannam Fertility Centre
Led by fertility specialist Dr. Thomas Hannam, the Hannam Fertility Centre located in Toronto comprises a small team of physicians, nurses, technicians and support staff devoted to the pursuit of creating families. Our high staff-to-client ratio reflects our commitment to treating every patient as an individual.Hannam Fertility Centre provides a full range of fertility services, from educational visits and cycle monitoring to the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic techniques available in Canada, including IVF, ICSI, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, and egg freezing.
Clinic Hours of Operation: 7am-3pm, 7 days a week including holidays
The medical laboratory technologist works with both patients and staff members to support the endocrinology and nursing team’s needs. They will perform tasks as required including but not limited to:
o Serum Hormone testing via automated immunoassay with extreme focus on quality and accuracy of results
o Specimen processing, maintaining valid calibration and QC for all assays, verifying and reporting results in an efficient and timely manner
o Maintenance procedures and duties for general laboratory operation
o Organization and preparation of samples for Send-Out Testing
o Coverage of Phlebotomy when required
• CMLTO Registered
• Three to Five years of laboratory testing experience required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong comprehension of Calibration/Quality Control and enhanced trouble shooting experience required
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
• Superior Client Service skills, confidentiality and professional demeanor required
• Self-motivated with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision (Successful candidate will work independently without supervision on weekends)
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• High level of accuracy and detail-oriented
• Highly effective organizational skills
Interested applicants to should apply with both a resume and a cover letter outlining why they are the perfect candidate for the role and their salary expectations. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest and appreciate your time, but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, faxes or recruitment agencies. If you are contacted for an interview and require special accommodations, please let us know.