Radiation Therapist I
Responsible to deliver accurately the prescribed course of radiation treatment and to assist in the efficient, safe and accurate planning of patients during simulation and/or planning procedures according to the prescription of a Radiation Oncologist.
Perform routine procedures as assigned by a Radiation Therapist II.
Responsible for the care, safety, comfort and assistance of patients and their families.
Perform daily the quality assurance tests on the equipment and report any deviations from the acceptable.
Instruct and supervise new staff members and radiation therapy students as indicated by the training program personnel.
To ensure that overtime coverage can be provided on a daily basis, if required.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiation Therapy in Canada; or a non-Canadian program, which has been recognized by the C.A.M.R.T. and the A.C.M.D.T.T. Health Disciplines Committee.
- Must be registered member in good standing with the C.A.M.R.T. and a registered member in good standing under the Health Professions Act of Alberta, [or be eligible for registration].
- Must be able to lift and position patients and equipment for treatment.
- Must be capable of functioning under stressful and demanding situations.
- Must possess good organizational, communicational and interpersonal skills - have the ability to relate to public, staff and students.
- Good mathematical skills are essential.
Type of Job
Minimum: 42.35 per hour Maximum: 54.66 per hour
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Mandatory conditions of employment and continued employment:
• All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
• All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable:
- Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS.
- Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
AHS Job postings close at 23:59 Alberta Time (Mountain Standard Time) on the posting closed date indicated.