Northeast Cancer Centre
Sault Area Hospital (SAH)
Ensure the safe and accurate delivery of radiation treatment and related services to patients as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, Radiation Therapy.
1. Deliver safe and accurate daily radiation treatments to patients by educating, preparing, and positioning for treatment, assessing verification images, and taking necessary corrective action.
2. Consult with Radiation Oncologists (RO) and Medical Physicists regarding treatment plans (e.g. interpreting computer dosimetry data).
3. Develop computerized treatment plans based on prescriptions and dose limits to critical structures.
4. Perform dose calculations based on RO’s prescription and enter into the Record and Verify system.
5. Perform quality assurance of all treament plans and dose calculations prepared by co-workers, and verify RO prescriptions.
6. Perform routine quality assurance tests on a variety of technical equipment and initiate corrective action as required.
7. Verify patient information and machine parameters by using computer systems.
8. Prepare electronic treatment charts.
9. Perform treatment preparation duties, including Computed Tomography (CT) Simulation and customized accessory fabrication (e.g. moulds, immobilization devices, and other beam modifying devices).
10. Work collaboratively with other health care professionals to ensure quality patient care and continuing professional education.
11. Educate and promote health, safety and wellness in the work place.
12. Evaluate patient care and satisfaction on an ongoing basis and formulate solutions for improvement.
13. Determine and align improvement projects with HSN True North; monitor and adjust to achieve outcomes.
14. Participate in education and training specific to current, relevant federal and provincial health and safety legislation, standards and guidelines.
15. Participate in education and training of undergraduate students in their clinical placements including performance assessments and coaching.
16. Represent the department or progr
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. Minimum of a three (3) year Bachelor’s Degree in Radiation Therapy, from an accredited university.
2. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) is required.
3. Current Membership with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
(CAMRT) is preferred.
4. Current Certificate in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required.
5. Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required.
1. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a health care environment is preferred.
1. Demonstrated excellent judgment and proven analytical skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA)/Ontario Medical Association’s (OMA) Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols.
3. Demonstrated training, experience or utilization of lean methodology for process improvement.
4. Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, plan improvements, measure success, and continue improvement.
5. Demonstrated excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software, (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and patient information systems.
6. Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
7. Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
8. Demonstrated discretion and maturity when handling confidential information.
9. Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
1. Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
2. Demonstrated ability to perform with minimal supervision; to prioritize duties.
3. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
4. Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
5. Demonstrated positive work record and excellent attendance record.
6. Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
7. Ability to travel between local sites.
Type of Job
Temporary Part-Time (January 2018 to January 2019)
Candidates will be selected for this position on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and relevant qualifications as identified in the resume and completed Application Form submitted. Where these factors are relatively equal, seniority shall govern. HSN reserves the right to conduct a formal interview/testing process where required, which may include (but not limited to), a written or practical examination or both to determine skill and ability.
N.B. Applications for this position must be submitted to the Human Resources Department before 1600 hours on November 22, 2017.
HSN THANKS ALL APPLICANTS. ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.