Radiation Therapist – Part-time
Provincial Health Services Authority
399 Royal Avenue, Kelowna
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.Utilizing evidence-based practice, the Radiation Therapist provides radiation services and patient care in accordance with established policies and standards of professional practice for radiation therapy. Provides radiation services through treatment planning, delivery and follow up. Provides patient care such as assessment and patient and family education related to planning, treatment and side effects.
Agency PHSA Corporate
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals
Posting # 039172-2146772
Department DT- Rad Oncology - Treatment
Union HEABC Paramedical - H.S.A.
Work Site 399 Royal Avenue, Kelowna
Position Duration Until return of incumbent
Salary Range $32.77 - $40.88 / Hour
Position Status Part-time
Hours of Work 0715-1515/0800-1600/0830-1630/9:00-1700/1000-1800 or as operationally required
Work Days Mon, Tue, alternate Wednesdays
Days Off Sat, Sun, Stat
Position Start Date 05-Oct-2015
Position End Date 30-Sep-2016
Applications Accepted Until 10AM 23-Jul-2015
Education, Training and Experience
Degree in Radiation Therapy or recognized certificate and Canadian Association for Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) Certified. Within the preceding five (5) years, the successful completion of Radiation Therapy training program or active employment as a Radiation Therapist. Current CPR (Level C) certification.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with patients, families, staff, physicians, and other health care providers.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize issues and workload.
• Demonstrated ability to apply clinical and technical knowledge into practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Part-time - Hours of Work: 0715-1515/0800-1600/0830-1630/9:00-1700/1000-1800 or as operationally required; Work Days: Mon, Tue, alternate Wednesdays
$32.77 - $40.88 / Hour