Radiation Therapist – Provincial Health Services Authority, Vancouver BC
Provincial Health Services Authority
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.Utilizing evidence-based practice, the Radiation Therapist provides radiation services and patient care in accordance with established policies and standards of professional practice for radiation therapy. Provides radiation services through treatment planning, delivery and follow up. Provides patient care such as assessment and patient and family education related to planning, treatment and side effects.
Education, Training and Experience
Degree in Radiation Therapy or recognized certificate and Canadian Association for Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) Certified. Within the preceding five (5) years, the successful completion of Radiation Therapy training program or active employment as a Radiation Therapist. Current CPR (Level C) certification.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with patients, families, staff, physicians, and other health care providers.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize issues and workload.
• Demonstrated ability to apply clinical and technical knowledge into practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri 0700-1500,0800-1600,0930-1730,1200-2000
$32.92 - $41.07 / Hour
Temporary Position Duration Until return of incumbent
Applications Accepted Until 10AM 12-Mar-2016