North Durham Family Health Team
The North Durham Family Health Team is a busy physician-led group that provides primary health care to our patients. As a team, we provide a patient-centered approach to health care with a focus on chronic disease management, disease prevention and health promotion.
Port Perry, ON
• Assessing, recognizing and treating diseases and disorders of the foot area, including prescribing medications within scope, ordering (through Physicians) diagnostic tests and using palliative and physical treatment modalities
• Perform invasive procedures on the foot as necessary
• Provide foot care, foot wear and foot health education to patients as needed
• Offer health promotion and educational activities/workshops within the organization and community upon request
• Maintain complete and accurate medical records in accordance with the regulatory agency's standards of practice and the policies of the FHT
• Work collaboratively as part of the multidisciplinary team
• Participate in ongoing quality improvement initiatives to ensure adherence to best practices and to optimize quality of care
• Participate in all aspects of program planning and development
• Provide consultation/support for the diabetes foot care team
• Maintain and develop professional competence through appropriate continuing education
• Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario without limitations
• Professional Certification: D.Ch or D.Pod.M.
Certification in Local Anesthesia/Injections, Soft Tissue Surgery & Pharmacology/Prescriptions.
• Proficient communication, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills.
• Clinical experience with diabetic wound care.
• New grads are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Tuesday and Thursday - 7.5 hrs/day
Manager, Human Resources
462 Paxton St., Port Perry, ON L9L 1L9