Registered Technologist – Part Time – Laboratory
Sault Area Hospital
Serving a catchment population of approximately 115,000 SAH operates an average of 252 beds and provides primary, secondary and select tertiary services to residents in Sault Ste. Marie and the District of Algoma.In addition to providing core services in Emergency and Critical Care; Medicine; Surgery; Obstetrics, Maternity and Pediatrics; Mental Health and Addictions; Complex Continuing Care; and Rehabilitation, SAH is also home to the Algoma Regional Renal Program and the Algoma District Cancer Program. With the opening of the new integrated, one-site hospital in March 2011 also came the first-ever satellite radiation treatment suite in the province. SAH is extremely proud of our approximately 1850 dedicated staff, 370 physicians (active, supportive and locums) and 500+ volunteers who provide almost 65,000 hours of service each year.
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
1. Perform laboratory procedures as indicated in department manuals, following Hospital and Laboratory Policies.
2. Work in two or more laboratory subsections, i.e. Transfusion Services, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology, Histology and Hematology.
3. Remain current in laboratory medicine and participate in available continuing education programs as required by the CMLTO.
4. Communicate with Patient Care Providers on laboratory matters and exercise independent judgment in specimen procurement, specimen analysis, reporting and interpretation of findings.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Completion of a post secondary Laboratory Technologist certificate program from a recognized institution.
2. Registered by the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario in good standing
3. Must have certification in Cytology