Temporary – Medical Laboratory Technologist – Molecular Genetics Laboratory
London Health Sciences Centre
London Health Sciences Centre is one of Canada's largest acute care teaching hospital with over 10,000 employees as well as students, physicians and volunteers. LHSC is located in London, Ontario, Canada.For more information, please visit our website at www.lhsc.on.ca
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine- Molecular Genetics Laboratory, LHSC
Applications are invited for the Medical Laboratory Technologist position in Molecular Genetics in the
Department Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. The Molecular Genetics Laboratory provides gene
testing in constitutional and acquired diseases using a full range of classical and advanced genetic
technologies including real time PCR, microarray and next generation sequencing. The Medical
Laboratory Technologist will perform molecular genetic procedures in accordance with written Laboratory
protocols and Provincial Licensing Regulations under the general supervision of the Section Head.
- Current registration or eligibility for registration as a Medical Laboratory Technologist with the College of Medical
Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) with licensure to practice relevant specialties in molecular
- Certification with C.S.M.L.S or equivalent
- Recent work experience with clinical genetic technologies including:
·DNA/RNA extraction from various sample types
·PCR (Real Time and Conventional), MLPA
·Nucleic Acid Sequencing
·Robotic Sample Handling
·In silico analysis of nucleic acids
·Other technologies that are routine or new
- Demonstrated accuracy, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy (e.g. Cerner, Mutation Surveyor, MS Office, instrumentation software)
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to learn new methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, develop and maintain effective relationships within healthcare
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
London Health Sciences Centre fosters a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are
guided by LHSC's Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect.
LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing
accommodations upon request.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants moving forward in the competitive recruitment process will have reference checks conducted and will be required to complete testing.
Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police check (original document) completed in the last 8 months.
37.5 hours per week
$30.46 per hour - $40.83 per hour
This is a temporary, 12 month full-time opportunity covering a maternity leave of absence. Students welcome and encouraged to apply online by visiting www.lhsc.on.ca/Careers