Print and Audiovisual Collection
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) supports learning at Michener with a collection of books and print journals, including special collections for examination review guides, laboratory standards, and government documents. An extensive audiovisual collection is also available, and individual viewing facilities are provided.
Our catalogue facilitates searching our book and audiovisual collections, eBooks, Dry Lab collection, and print and electronic journal titles.
Full-text electronic journals and indexes (PubMed, CINAHL) are accessible from our Journal Databases page. Some titles are freely available, while others require authentication and are limited to students with Michener network/Outlook accounts.
Printing and Photocopying
Printing and photocopying is available to students using their Michener ID card at 10¢ per page single sided, or 18¢ per double sided sheet. Copying is subject to the limits of the fair dealing provision in the Copyright Act.
For information and advice consult our guide on Vancouver Style or APA Style referencing, or contact LRC staff. Michener students are encouraged to use Zotero, a free, open source bibliographic citation manager that allow users to import, store and manage citations (references) and then create bibliographies/reference pages formatted in either Vancouver or APA Style, or one of several other styles available.
Materials not available in the LRC may be borrowed from other health sciences libraries. Any charges by the lending library will be paid by the student. Contact LRC staff to request an interlibrary loan.
Registering to Borrow from Print Collection
- Students in on-site programs are issued photo ID cards automatically – these serve as library cards.
- Continuing education students who register for occasional courses may register in person at the LRC by presenting a course receipt.
Books and journals may be borrowed for one week. Exceptions:
- Reference books may be used within the LRC only. Find them on the self-serve shelves.
- Short term loan books may be used within the LRC only. Find them behind the Checkout desk.
- Audiovisual materials may be viewed within the LRC only.
Up to three renewals are possible, unless another borrower has requested the item. Renew items by email.