Discover Our Resources
Membership allows registered patrons to borrow print items from our Circulating Collection and Periodical Collection. All other materials are available for use on-site.
Our catalogue facilitates searching our book and audiovisual collections, eBooks, Dry Lab collection, and print and electronic journal titles. This includes our collection of examination review guides, laboratory standards, and government documents.
Full-text electronic journals and indexes (PubMed, CINAHL) are accessible to members on-site. Visit our Journal Databases page for a list of recommended free access journals.
Individual copies are 15¢ per page. Copy cards are available for purchase and allow for reduced rate copying. Copying is subject to the limits of the fair dealing provision in the Copyright Act.
- Complete an application form.
- Present personal identification.
- Present proof of paid employment in the health care field OR a letter from The Michener Institute or a regulatory college conferring eligibility for LRC membership OR a regulatory college membership card
- Remit the annual membership fee of $50.00.
A membership card will be issued. Please present this card to check out items.
Books and journals may be borrowed for one week. Exceptions:
- Reference books may be used within the LRC only.Find them on the self-serve shelves.
- Short term loan books may be used within the LRC only. Ask for them at the circulation desk.
- Audiovisual materials may be viewed within the LRC only.
There is a fine of $0.50 per day per item for circulating books and journals returned late or renewed late. We charge for the replacement of lost items, based on its current market value plus an administrative fee.