September 10, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Administrative Assistant position with The Michener Institute.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE REGISTRAR (Full Time)
Reporting to the Registrar, the Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Registrar’s Office leadership team and is responsible for coordinating day-to-day operations, short and long-term planning, and performing a variety of complex tasks and services to support the Registrar and all units (Admissions, Recruitment, Registration, Records, Financial Aid & Awards and Scheduling) within the Registrar’s Office.
The Administrative Assistant provides direct support to the Registrar and performs general administrative duties such as establishing and maintaining departmental files and websites, preparing correspondence, reports and meeting minutes, maintaining inventory and ordering of materials, filing and scanning of records.
- Maintaining the authoritative records of the Registrar’s Office including forms, procedural documents, workflow documents and project plans
- Receipt and processing of confidential student information related to General Bursaries; Scholarships, Named Bursaries and Awards; Student Professional Development; and Student Appeals
- Providing support to the Scholarship & Awards Committee and maintaining the Scholarship and Awards database and website including communication with donors, applicants, and recipients as required
- Preparation of credentials and programme data for convocation ceremonies
- Coordinating contributions to annual publications (e.g. Viewbook) working with diverse stakeholders and strict timelines
- Assistance with coordination of events and meetings
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or diploma and 1-3 years administrative experience, or an equivalent combination
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exemplary organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Event planning experience would be an asset
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility, and judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer/student focus
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 18-23FT to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during its recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.