Learn about the admissions selection process requirements and deadlines for programs at Michener.
To ensure you receive equal consideration in the admission process, your application must be received by the application deadline. Apply early as Michener receives many more qualified applicants than there are available spaces. Application deadlines and application methods vary by program type.
View post-admissions requirements.
|Program Type||Application Deadline||Application Method|
Medical Laboratory Science
|February 1, 2021||Apply on OCAS|
|Digital Health and Data Analytics||June 15, 2021||Michener Self-Service|
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
June 22, 2021
May 14, 2021
|Programs with Academic Partners:
Joint Michener/U of Toronto Programs (MRS)
February 1, 2021
Apply on OUAC
Joint Michener/Laurentian University Programs
January 17, 2021
Apply on OUAC
|Continuing Education Programs:
Continuing Education Certificate Programs
|Varies – refer to:
Admissions Steps for Full-Time programs:
- Complete and submit your application before the deadline.
- Upload any outstanding documents to Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS) by the February 8, 2021 deadline. All documents submitted become the property of Ontario Colleges and will not be returned.
- All applications received by February 1, 2021 will be processed. Complete applications will be assessed and ranked according to Cumulative Grade Average (based on the OMSAS scale) and/or prerequisite courses, and other admission requirements.
- Applicants will receive information on Multiple Mini Interview or Replacement
- Offers of Admission will be sent out in mid-May to top ranked applicants who will be given a deadline to accept their offer (OCAS and OUAC) and pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.00. Offers will continue until each program intake is full.
- Offers of admission will include details related to Mandatory Post-Admission Requirements including Health Requirements, a Vulnerable Sector Check and agreements related to Mask Fit Testing and adherence to Michener policies. Please see the Post-Admissions Requirements below for more information.
For 2021 Michener graduands, please use the Digital Health and Data Analytics Internal Application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your supporting documents.
Stay on top of your application!
|Early October||Applications to full-time Michener-only programs open on Ontario Colleges .|
Michener will begin acknowledging applications received for the full-time Michener – only programs.
|December to April 2021||Complete application files are evaluated. All communication with students will be made through email once all applications are assessed (expected to be completed early April).|
|February 1, 2021||February 1 is the deadline for the receipt of applications to full-time Michener-only programs through Ontario Colleges .|
|February 8, 2021
||Date by which all supporting documentation (transcripts, English language test scores, etc.) must be uploaded to Ontario Colleges .
Applicants to any full-time program are required to submit official grades for any/all post-secondary academic programs/courses completed. For detailed admission requirements please refer to the admissions requirements by program page.
Please note that all documents received in support of an application become the property of The Michener Institute and will not be returned to the applicant.
First round of offers are issued. Accepted applicants must pay the $500.00 non-refundable deposit by the deadline in their offer. This process continues until programs are full.
Note: Due to the highly competitive nature of admission to programs, Michener will not consider admission deferrals and applicants will have to re-apply for subsequent academic years.
|April 1, 2021||Applications to Advanced Diploma in Digital Health and Data Analytics program open on Michener Self-Service.|
|June 15, 2021||Application deadline for Advanced Diploma in Digital Health and Data Analytics program. Deadline by which applicants to the Digital Health and Data Analytics program must submit all supporting documents (transcripts, experience checklist, proof of registration to a university or college level Basic Statistics course).|
|June – Early September 2021||If spaces become available, notification of admission from waitlists.|
|1st week of July||First round of offers into Digital Health and Data Analytics program are issued. Accepted applicants must pay the $500.00 non-refundable deposit by the deadline in their offer. This process continues until the program is full.|
|July 12, 2021||For candidates who have had their application accepted provisionally, this is the deadline for the receipt of outstanding admission requirements.|
|July 30, 2021||Deadline by which applicants to the Anesthesia Assistant and Magnetic Resonance Imaging programs must submit all supporting documents (transcripts, experience proof of RRT, RN registration, reference letter, certification/licensure).|
|July 31, 2021||For applicants with provisional offers in the Digital Health and Data Analytics program, this is the deadline to submit proof of successful completion for Basic Statistics course.|
Key Dates for Admission to Programs with Academic Partners
- Joint Michener/University of Toronto programs in the Medical Radiation Sciences: Applications are assessed by the University of Toronto. Please refer to the university for their critical dates.
- Joint Michener/Laurentian University program in Radiation Therapy: Applications are assessed by Laurentian University. Please refer to the university for their critical dates.
Accepted applicants will be required to meet the following Post-Admission Requirements:
- Health Requirements
Health requirements are mandatory for all Michener students. Start the process of obtaining your Health Requirements immediately upon accepting your Offer of Admission to ensure the stated deadlines are met. This process will involve multiple visits to your physician/health care provider. Students are responsible for costs incurred. More information is available on the Health Requirements page. Health Requirement documents are uploaded through the Self-Service Portal.
- Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
All students who accept an offer of admission into a Michener program must submit proof of a Vulnerable Sector Check, conducted at their expense. Completed Vulnerable Sector Checks are uploaded to the Self-Service Portal. Failure to do so may result in a revocation of admission or restriction on clinical activities.
- Mask Fit Testing
Students must attend respiratory protection training and be mask-fit tested prior to attending their clinical placement. Students must also comply with their clinical site’s respiratory protection policies. For more information on Mask Fit Testing.
- Health Professional Licensure Status & Criminal Charges or Convictions
In addition to offences disclosed under the Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC), accepted applicants are required to disclose if they have been charged with (where charges are still outstanding or unresolved) or convicted of an offense under any other Federal statute or international law (other offenses) and to disclose if they have been charged (where charges are still outstanding and unresolved) or have been disciplined by any professional body or association.
- Mandatory Annual Training
Accepted applicants will agree to complete annual mandatory training requirements including Cybersecurity Training and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training program during the first week of classes.
- Participation in Learning Activities/Recording of Learning Activities
Accepted applicants will agree to participate in learning activities that will include practicing real and/or simulated learning activities which at time may involve fellow classmates, volunteers, and/or other individuals under the supervision of qualified program faculty. Accepted applicants will also agree to act as a simulated patient for other students. These activities may also be evaluated to determine competence acquisition and may be recorded (audio/video).
- Michener Policies
* Accepted applicants will attest that they have read and understand relevant policies with particular attention to policies in the following areas:
- Clinical Placement
Student have agreed at the point of accepting an offer of admission to attend any placement site that is assigned to them knowing that sites may be located anywhere in Ontario and for some programs across Canada.
- Community Right & Responsibilities
Michener is committed to the establishment of an atmosphere of respect and civility and appreciation for the rights and responsibilities of all those associated with Michener.