Call for Proposals for Virtual Posters, Rapid Presentations, and Presentations
We invite prospective presenters to contribute and help shape the Benchmarks conference and medical laboratory profession through their proposal submissions. You may submit proposals for Virtual Posters or Virtual Podium Presentations that may be at early or advanced stages of development for Benchmarks 2021. Submission themes include, but are not limited to, applied research in practice, education, quality improvement, academic research, patient care and interprofessional practice, and crisis and pandemic response.
Submissions will be welcomed starting November 2020
Submission deadline: February 7, 2021
Notification of Acceptance: February 21, 2021
Themes: (1) Applied research in practice, (2) Education, (3) Quality improvement, (4) Academic research, (5) Patient care and interprofessional practice, and (6) Crisis and pandemic response
Formats: Virtual Poster or Virtual Podium Presentations
Virtual Poster Session
Friday, April 30th 2021 (3:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
This session allows colleagues to gather around virtual displays for extended dialogue regarding novel and promising ideas and research. Posters will be displayed throughout the duration of the conference, with a dedicated interactive session on April 30th 3:00- 4:00.
Virtual Poster Technical Requirements:
- The virtual poster must be one page. Additional pages will not be accepted.
- The virtual poster should be equivalent to a traditional printed poster, with a maximum width of 48 inches (130 cm); and a maximum height of 36 inches (100 cm).
- The file size may not exceed 25MB
- All files must be saved and submitted as a PDF. The virtual poster software does not recognize any other file formats.
Virtual Poster Design Recommendations:
- Font size: 28pt or larger.
- Recommend fonts: Georgia, Times New Roman, Helvetica, or Arial. It’s possible that other fonts may have cross-operating system display issues. Letters should be easily read (avoid Old English and other “fancy” fonts).
- Avoid background images and watermarks that may detract from the read-ability of your poster.
Important Information to Include on Your Poster:
Title and Author Information
- Author, Affiliation, City, Country (repeat for each author)
- University/Affiliate Logos
- Introduction/Short Description
- Abstract/Long Description
- Research Question/Hypothesis
Virtual Podium Presentations
April 30th, 2020 (time: TBD) & May 1st, 2021 (time: TBD)
Virtual podium presentations may include research in practice, research in progress, or completed research. Descriptions of innovation in education, quality improvement, patient care and interprofessional practice, and crisis and pandemic response are also suitable for this format.
You will have 15 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions and discussion. It is important that you do not exceed a total of 20 minutes.
All submissions should be limited to a maximum of 500 words. For virtual podium presentations, a 200 words background/bio should also be submitted for each presenter.
Virtual Posters and Virtual Podium Presentations
- Research in Practice/Education Innovations, Quality Improvement, Patient Care/Interprofessional Practice, and Crisis/Pandemic Response Projects: Submissions that describe the development or implementation of new processes, techniques, education initiatives, or the performance of quality improvement projects. These can be innovations that impact daily practice, medical laboratory professions, students, or patients. They often describe work that does not follow typical research methods. Please use the following headings in your abstract submission:
- Benefits & Challenges
- Academic Research: Submissions that report on prospective and retrospective studies using more formal academic research approaches. They often describe a systematic investigation designed to answer a question, and/or test a hypothesis with conclusions that are supported by the results.
Please use the following headings in your abstract submission: