Fundamentals of Designing a Quality Improvement Project
The purpose of this workshop is to illustrate the steps required to complete a Quality Improvement (QI) project.
Topics of this workshop will include:
- Differences between QI and Research
- The role of a literature review in a QI process
- Formal QI models and the rationale for selecting one
- Identifying appropriate metrics
- How to make a case for change
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate how QI differs from Research
- Situate the role of a literature review within the process of QI
- Employ PDSA as a formal model (among many options) to guide QI
- Appreciate the value of consultation
- Brainstorm effective ways to use a QI approach to improve existing practice
Registration for this workshop will be limited in size and will be on a first come basis. A waiting list will be kept if the number registrants exceed the workshop capacity.