October 12, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Coordinator position with The Michener Institute.
COORDINATOR, Research Institute of Health Care Education
Full-Time Contract (1 year)
Reporting to the Scientific Director, Research Institute for Healthcare Education (RIHE) and Senior Director, Centre for Learning, Innovation and Applied Educational Research, the Coordinator provides support for the development and launch of the Research Institute of Health Care Education at UHN, including administrative support and support for academic and scholarly initiatives:
- Coordinate focus groups and strategy sessions with key stakeholders
- Establish project timelines for key operational and financial activities
- Coordinate the membership application process for RIHE and maintain the membership database
- Assist with the thematic analysis of focus group data
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, prepare required materials and take meeting minutes
- Prepare and distribute meeting materials
- Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements
- Maintain filing of all RIHE documents, and documents associated with the Scientific Director, RIHE and Senior Director Learning, Innovation and Research
- Provide support in the maintenance of online materials (WordPress experience an asset)
- Identify research coordination issues, and provide recommendations and/or solutions
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience, and 2 years research experience
- Post-secondary degree relevant to healthcare education research , Masters preferred
- Knowledge and experience using quantitative and qualitative data analysis software an asset (e.g., NVivo, SPSS)
- Experience transcribing complex meeting notes into correspondence, reports, or minutes
- Good critical thinking, independent problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and possess an eye for detail
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility and judgment with excellent organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #18-26CFT to:
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.