October 2, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Information Management (IM) Project Manager position with The Michener Institute.
IM Project Manager – Full Time
- Directs daily project activities and coordinates the work of the members of the project team to ensure activities meet project objectives and stakeholder expectations.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the project team during all stages of the project lifecycle (from Initiation to Close-Out).
- Conducts project team meetings (including internal project team meetings, cross-functional project team meetings, project working groups, etc.)
- Provides project updates to the senior leadership, steering committees, and executive sponsors
- Assists the Information Management Director with prioritizing and tracking the overall project portfolios
- Develops, tracks and maintains project documentation during all stages of the project lifecycle such as but not limited to , Project Charter, Project Plan, Risk Registry, Status Reports, and Budget reviews
- Identifies, schedules and tracks project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Identifies, records, and monitors project issues from discovery to resolution.
- Consults and coordinates with various vendors throughout the implementation of the project.
- Adheres to best practices as outlined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Stays current with the trends and developments in project management.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to the Information Management team and supports implementation of mature project management processes
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Health Science or Business Administration along with over two years of experience in managing progressively larger and more complex projects
- Must have or be close to completing the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (within 6 months of commencement at Michener)
- Strong knowledge of various tools to support project planning, management and time tracking, including: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, etc.
- Strong communication and writing skills, including the ability to write clear and concise project management and executive level documents
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with effectively in a team environment including group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong ability to negotiate with and influence others
- Must have previous experience working with and leading information management team members
- Knowledge about the education business and information technology is preferred
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #18-25FTR to:
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.