Advanced Topics in Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
$1500 domestic / $2250 international
Francois D. Roy, PhD CNIM
By the end of this course, the learner should be able to describe the rationale and methods for advanced IONM. The learner should also be able to analyze the IONM literature and describe principles of research design and policy development.
IONM 160 introduces new material that will expand the armamentarium of the IONM practitioner. Some of the methods described are emerging while others are well established. This course also covers IONM policy development and research methods – essential for the growth of the profession.
The course is divided into 12 learning modules (sections) some of which are further subdivided into learning units.
Online quiz after each module, final multiple choice online exam
Health professionals who are or will be working in an intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring role.
Only full CANM members are permitted to register for this course without first applying for the Certificate Program.
- IONM 150
- Enrolled in the IONM Certificate Program and/or Full CANM membership – please submit your CANM membership number when registering for the course.
- Research Design
- Critique and analysis of the literature
- IONM Policy Development
- Special Topics in Pediatric IONM
- DBS: introduction
- Dorsal Column & Corticospinal Tract Mapping
- Cranial nerve MEPs and direct stimulation of nuclei & nerves
- Epilepsy Monitoring
- Cerebrovascular monitoring
- ICU monitoring
- Boutique techniques I
- Boutique techniques II
Advanced Topics in Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring – IONM160
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.