AI for Healthcare Leaders Certificate Program
AI for Healthcare Leaders Certificate Program:
at a glance
Credential(s) Earned: Certificate
Program Length: 4 weeks
Start Date: September 17, 2022
Tuition: Funded by the Future Skills Centre during the granting period (March 2023)
Application Deadline: September 9, 2022
Program Code: AIHL110
As part of the Accelerating the Adoption of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare project, the AI for Healthcare Leaders Certificate Program aims to support senior healthcare leaders in Canada as they prepare to create Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled organizations. This program will challenge leaders to exercise their decision-making skills as they pertain to AI through case studies and interactive expert talks. From the technologies themselves to the infrastructure, policies and procedures, financial plans, and workforce planning required to responsibly deliver AI, this course will prepare leaders through the fundamentals of AI models and the legal, ethical, and cyber security pillars to make adoption successful. Content will be provided online through virtual workshops, post-work, and supplemental materials.
Have a question? Email: email@example.com.
There is a growing need for a fundamental understanding of how AI can and should be used in different healthcare fields. In response to this need, The Michener Institute and Vector Institute have partnered on a project funded by the Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre to help accelerate the adoption of AI in healthcare.
This certificate program is part of the initiatives to transform the mindset, skillset, and toolset of the healthcare community through research projects, symposia, roundtables, certificate programs, and a Healthcare AI Innovation Hub.
Visit the Accelerating the Adoption of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare webpage and join our mailing list for more information about this project and the different initiatives.
Accelerating the Adoption of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare is funded by the Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre. Le projet est financé par le Centre des Compétences futures du gouvernement du Canada.
This program is intended for senior healthcare leaders in Canada who are responsible for technology and technology adoption decisions and are currently considering or in the process of implementing AI to transform the quality of care and improve patient outcomes.
The AI for Healthcare Leaders Certificate Program is delivered in English and is designed to support senior healthcare leaders in Canada in creating AI-enabled organizations by establishing the infrastructure, policies and procedures, financial plans, and workforce planning required to responsibly deliver them. No previous knowledge of AI is required.
Through this certificate program, you will:
- Discuss guiding principles and measures of success for responsible AI implementation
- Interpret data from potential AI projects to make approval and priority decisions
- Evaluate the feasibility of different types of AI technology by considering budget, resource allocation, AI model efficacy, and engineering and infrastructure requirements
- Assess organizational and operational readiness for AI implementation
- Develop governance structures and processes for fair and secure AI implementation
- Consider the impact of AI on multiple stakeholders and the change management required for responsible adoption
This program is one (1) course that is made up of four (4) weeks and includes the following topics:
- Revealing what leaders really need to know about AI & machine learning
- Considering legal, ethical, privacy, and equity factors of AI technologies
- Harnessing natural language processing & computer vision to solve healthcare problems
- Accelerating clinical integration of AI technology equitably and responsibly
Each week contains learning objectives, virtual half-day workshops, post-work, and supplementary materials. You are encouraged to identify your own learning needs and go beyond the material provided each week through additional resources.
Course Dates: September 17 – October 15, 2022 (no class on October 8)
Course Delivery: Online – Facilitated
Virtual Session Time: Saturdays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm EST
- You must be a senior healthcare leader in Canada
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
Note: This program is delivered in English
To register for this program, complete the registration form below. As there are limited seats for this cohort, you will receive a confirmation of registration starting in July.
Have a question? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Deadline: 5 September 2022
Program Start Date: 17 September 2022
When will I receive confirmation of my registration?
A confirmation email will be sent to you starting in July.
When will I gain access to the program?
Course access information will be emailed two (2) days before the start of the program.
What is the difference between this program and the AI for Clinician Champions Certificate Program?
The content for both programs is similar, but this program focuses on strategic planning at an organizational level for senior leaders and the clinician program focuses on planning or projects at a team level by diving deeper into technical concepts.
Will the class sessions be recorded?
The class sessions will be recorded however, we strongly encourage attendance to get the most out of the course. Please note there may also be instances where we need to pause and subsequently resume the recording during class.
Additional Accelerating AI in Healthcare Project Programs
- AI for Clinician Champions Certificate Program
Through this six (6)-week program, practicing clinicians in Canada will be provided with an overview of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in healthcare environments, data and risk management considerations, communicating AI opportunities, and change management strategies.
- Healthcare AI Innovation Hub
This program aims to support clinician champions and leaders in furthering their ideas and projects for AI-enabled care. The Healthcare AI Innovation Hub will build an exclusive space of knowledge sharing and networking with individualized support from a panel of healthcare AI experts across Canada.
These programs are sponsored by the Future Skills Centre during the granting period (March 2023).
Other Michener Programs
- Special Topics in the Digital Revolution: The Road to Artificial Intelligence in Health Care 101
Through this six (6)-week access course, anyone who is interested will learn about artificial intelligence in the Canada context, its effects on privacy and ethics in professional practices, and its impacts on educational and workplace environments.
- Artificial Intelligence Fundamentals Course
This 12-week online course provides an introduction to the discipline of artificial intelligence and will lay the groundwork for understanding AI. Starting with a brief history, it then discusses concepts and models required for learning how to apply AI with specific references to the healthcare environment.
- Artificial Intelligence in Health Care Certificate Program
Through this 15-month program, certified/regulated health care providers, IT professionals, and health care informatics professionals will acquire data science and analytic skills, learn how to implement AI solutions, and participate in creating an AI solution.
- Digital Health and Data Analytics Advanced Diploma
Through this two (2)-year program with practicums, professionals with a bachelor’s degree will develop a deep understanding of the key concepts, issues and challenges in digital health and data analytics, along with the ever-changing capabilities of AI and machine learning and the role they play in patient-driven healthcare and personalized medicine.
Master’s Programs Supported by Vector
- AI Master’s: Building Ontario’s Ecosystem
The Vector Institute maintains a list of master’s programs that meet its industry-focused requirements for AI skills and competencies. Vector also provides a scholarship and career support for students enrolled in those programs.
- Artificial Intelligence in Health Profession Education Journal Club, TIER, UHN
- Digital and AI Mental Health Certificate, camh
- CrashCourse: Artificial Intelligence
- CrashCourse: Statistics (the last quarter of videos focus on AI and machine learning)
- CrashCourse: Computer Science
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.