Anatomical Pathology MIS and Grossing Guidelines: Complexities 0-3
ONLINE Continuous Enrollment – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration
Domestic: $779International: $999
maximum one year from date of registration – 4.8 CEU
Emmanuelle Chung and Katie Greenall
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will:
- Know the history of the MIS guidelines, the related terminology and acronyms
- Understand why and how workload units are collected
- Be familiar with professional standards and guidelines, document control systems and quality indicators
- Have the foundations of grossing
- Be comfortable with voice recognition software
- Have an appreciation for the anatomy, surgical technique to procure and appropriate grossing technique of common specimens identified as complexities 0, 1, 2 and 3
- Be able to identify additional workload units associated with your day’s work
- Be able to teach what you know
Online assignments, final online exam, discussion board postings
Med Lab Technologists or any healthcare professional pursuing a Pathology Assistant role
- Introduction to MIS guidelines
- Foundations of gross dissection, description and sampling
- Familiarity with voice recognition software (Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Grossing with examples of Complexity 0, 1, 2, and 3 specimens
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.