Anatomical Pathology MIS and Grossing Guidelines: Complexities 4 – 5
ONLINE Continuous Enrollment – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration.
Domestic: $826International: $1074
maximum one year from date of registration - 4.8 CEU
Emmanuelle Chung and Katie Greenall
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will:
- Have reviewed the basic concepts of the MIS guidelines pertaining to grossing
- Have reviewed the foundations of grossing
- Learned some basic histotechnology
- Understand the importance of specimen “prep”
- Be comfortable with digital imaging hardware, software and practices
- Comprehend staging and grading principles
- Have an appreciation for the anatomy, surgical technique to procure and appropriate grossing technique of common specimens identified as complexities 4 and 5
- Feel comfortable grossing a specimen you don’t commonly see
- Be confident in dissecting and sampling lymph nodes
- Be able to facilitate tumour and tissue banking protocols
- Be able to teach what you know to residents
Assignments, discussion board participation, exam
Med Lab Technologists or any healthcare professional pursuing a Pathology Assistant role
- Review of the foundations of gross dissection, description and sampling
- Current recommendations and guidelines (CCO, CAP)
- Synoptic reporting
- Resident training
- Grossing with examples of Complexity 4 and 5 specimens
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.