Business Intelligence and Data-Driven Healthcare
Sept 23th & 24th, 2021
Jean Nash MRT(R)(MR) BScDaniel Toubassy MSc
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the value and mechanisms of harnessing data to inform operational
decision-making and evidence-based care
- Operationalize a performance management framework at a level appropriate to local
resources, structures, and expertise
- Situate the current landscape in business intelligence within the context of the opportunities
and challenges on the horizon relating to big data and predictive analytics
This two-day intensive and interactive course is designed to equip leaders in medical imaging and aligned practice environments to lead in a data-driven world. A course delivery model that pairs expert faculty in data analytics, strategy, and project management alongside leaders across clinical medical imaging modalities, will serve to highlight the value of a collaborative approach to optimizing departmental decision-making. Topics will range from evidence-based practice and performance management frameworks to data visualization and modelling, with introductions to data governance, predictive modelling, and big data highlighting the opportunities that lie ahead.
Diverse case vignettes will showcase clinical examples of data-driven care in Toronto’s Joint Department of Medical Imaging, including MRI schedule optimization and more clinical examples.
By prioritizing a small class size and interactive format, participants will benefit from opportunities for knowledge sharing and structured workshopping of clinical problems relevant to their practice.
This course is designed for those in positions of operational leadership in medical imaging (or aligned data-rich environments such as radiation therapy or laboratory medicine). Those who will realize the greatest benefit are those in clinical environments where data might be available but has yet to be harnessed in a way that can optimally inform operational decisions at all levels, from point-of-care to strategic oversight.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.