Cannabis Educator Certificate Program
Cannabis Educator Certificate Program:
at a glance
Certificate of Achievement
September 21, 2020
Domestic $949 | International $1425
September 4, 2020
The Cannabis Educator Certificate Program will increase your confidence when communicating with patients about cannabis. In this 12 week certificate program, learners will gain valuable theory and hands on experience in creating educational plans for patients. Explore a complete overview of the history and science of medical cannabis while understanding the factors that affect the selection of delivery method. Take your learning and put it to the test with an online case study, developing an educational plan for your simulated patient and present in week 12 at an online workshop.
We look forward to seeing you in our certificate program!
- Provide a thorough overview of the history of medical cannabis including medical use and prohibition
- Describe the current industry landscape in Canada and Globally as it relates to current & future trends shaping the industry
- Describe the science of the cannabis plant, cannabinoids, terpenes, and the endocannabinoid system
- Describe legalities impacting the workplace, driving, use of cannabis in public and private settings e.g. rental units, hotels, designated smoking areas etc.
- Provide an overview of the research literature and evidence for medical cannabis where there is little to no research evidence
- Provide an overview of the adverse effects, contraindications, drug interactions, and precautions
- Explain the factors that affect the selection of the most appropriate delivery method based on client characteristics and medical condition
- Describe effective communication & interpersonal skills both verbal and written
This program is a 12 week program and includes 10 modules.
- Discussion Board Participation Week 1, 2, 4, 7
- Module Quizzes Week 4, 7 and 10
- Educational Plan Assignment
- Workshop Participation
- Final Exam
|Week #||Learning Topic|
|1||The History of Cannabis and Current Landscape|
|2||The Science of Cannabis|
|3||The legalities of Cannabis Part I|
|4||The legalities of Cannabis Part II|
|5||Cannabis for Medical Purposes Part I|
|6||Cannabis for Medical Purposes Part II|
|7||Drug-Drug Interactions, Contraindication and Side Effects|
|8||Dosing, Micro-dosing, and Methods of Consumption|
|9||Medical Cannabis Education I|
|10||Medical Cannabis Education II|
|11||Prep for Workshop & Final Exam|
|12||Workshop & Final Exam|
This certificate program is intended for all health professionals looking to gain a further understanding of medical cannabis.
- Nurse Practitioner/RN/RPN
- Respiratory therapists
- Physiotherapists/Kinesiologists/Occupational Therapists
- Personal Support Workers
- End of Life Care Hospice, Rehabilitation
- Naturopathic Doctors
- Industry, Associations (CMA, CPHA, CAN)
- Health Organizations e.g. Cancer Society, Multiple Sclerosis Society, Epilepsy Foundation
"Overall the webinar series was very enjoyable I feel I have a greater appreciation and understanding of cannabis. Whether this be educating patients on ROAs or navigating the regulatory landscape or speaking more about the different dosing."
"Great start to offering formal education in cannabis. Overall the program was interesting and relevant. The topics and curriculum were excellent! I look forward to participating in the certificate program, thank you for offering this program!"