Certificate in Plain Language for Patient/Public Health Communication
Domestic: $599, International: $769
Tina Papadakos & Janet Papadakos
Patients and clients are inundated with information, instructions and directions usually at stressful moments in their life and it is important that their understanding and interpretation of that information is clear, concise and correct. In partnership with the Princess Margaret Cancer Program this unique Certificate in Plain Language was developed specific to healthcare complexities. It has an online component followed by a final project with coaching, editing and peer contributions.
By the end of this certificate students should be able to:
- understand what is plain language in a health care environment
- recognize the value and importance of plain language for patients and caregivers
- create and edit using plain language principles and tools
- critique and edit other practice projects
After finishing successfully you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
An assignment with participation in a group discussion, a reflective exercise and submission of a final project.
This certificate is intended for healthcare professionals who are providing information/communication to patients and caregivers.
UHN staff interested must contact the registration desk (416-596-3117) to receive the employee discount.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to plain language
- How to plain language edit
- Plain language practice
APLC110 – Certificate in Plain Language for Patient/Public Health Communication
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.