Clinical Pharmacology of Antifungal Agents
Self study-online – Login information will be emailed in three business days
Domestic: $565International: $735
The intent of thisonline courseis to provide the educational basis to effectively and safely prescribe topically and orally administered antifungal medicationsin podiatric clinical practice.
The course stresses the development of clinically relevant knowledge and sound clinical reasoning skills while reviewingevidence based best practices and recommendations regarding the clinical use of topically and orally administered antifungal agents in podiatric clinical practice.
By the end of this course students should have a better understanding of:
- the biology of Fungi
- Antifungal Pharmacology: Topical vs. Oral
- Inhibitors of the Ergosterol Synthesis Pathway
- Inhibitors of Ergosterol Synthesis Pathway: Allylamines
- Inhibitors of Ergosterol Synthesis Pathway: Azoles
- Antifungal Pharmacology
- Targets of Antifungal Drugs
- Inhibitors of fungal nucleic acid synthesis: Flucytosine
- Inhibitors of Fungal Microtubule Function (Mitosis): Griseofulvin
- Inhibitors of Fungal Membrane Stability (Ergosterol Binding): Polyenes
- Inhibitors of Cell Wall В–(1,3)–D–Glucans Synthesis: Echinocandins
- Other Antifungal Agents: Ciclopirox
Self-assessment challenges and exam
CH802 Pharmacology for Chiropodists
Antifungal Pharmacology presentations with Case Study challenges
Clinical Pharmacology of Antifungal Agents – CH807
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.