Considerations for Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
$1500 domestic / $2250 international
Laura Holmes, MSC, CNIM
By the completion of this course, learners should have a better understanding of the topics of consideration for an IONM professional.
The course will cover a number of topics that are relevant to the IONM professional. In order to perform the role of an IONM professional, you must consider the influence of various factors on IONM and take into consideration how they may affect your practice. This course will highlight many of the factors of consideration and will help you to assimilate them into your decision-making processes in order to provide optimal and safe IONM care.
The course is divided into 12 learning modules (sections) some of which are further subdivided into learning units.
Online quiz after each module, final multiple choice online exam
Health professionals who are or will be working in an intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring role.
Only full CANM members are permitted to register for this course without first applying for the Certificate Program.
- IONM 140
- Enrolled in the IONM Certificate Program and/or Full CANM membership – please submit your CANM membership number when registering for the course.
- Introduction to the Operating Room
- Human Factors
- Legal issues, risk management and safety
- Anesthesia – Neuromuscular Block and Gas
- Anesthesia – Sedatives, Opioids, TIVA
- Anesthesia – Hemodynamic
- Common Disorders I
- Common Disorders II
- Common Surgical Procedures I
- Common Surgical Procedures II
- Spinal Instrumentation
Considerations for Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring – IONM150
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination will be required.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.