Critical Care Nursing Boot Camp Course- New Fall 2022!
Online self study modules
In person workshop
2 weeks online plus 1 day in person workshop
Klara Malkova, RN,MEd, CNCC(C)
- Demonstrate how to organize at the beginning of a clinical shift
- Apply knowledge of A & P and pharmacology to summarize their patient’s admitting diagnosis and course of hospital care
- Interpret foundational cardiac rhythms, identify significance and select appropriate interventions
- Perform a focused physical assessment , recognizing normal and abnormal findings
- Formulate a care plan including nursing priorities for a high-acuity patient
- Synthesize relevant patient information to provide a nursing report
- Knowledge checks at the end of each online module.
- In person workshop facilitated by Critical Care RN where skills and critical thinking will be evaluated.
This course is designed to bridge entry-to-practice level nurses into high acuity care settings. Nurses will be provided opportunities to expand their foundation of key skills that will support them towards success in working in a high acuity unit and preparation for critical care nursing training.
1. Valid Certificate of Competence to practice nursing in Ontario
2. Legal ability to work in Canada
Areas of Focus:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Physical Assessment skills
- ECG rhythm interpretation foundation
- High acuity clinical nursing practices
- Critical thinking
The course consists of an online and workshop component. The online component will build a solid knowledge base and assess comprehension.
The 7 hour in person workshop will focus on bringing all knowledge and skills together within the context of building critical thinking skills by:
- Demonstrating what critical thinking looks like in a high acuity setting
- Presenting nurses with opportunities to apply critical thinking skills using real clinical scenarios in a setting where it is safe to learn and make mistakes
- Exposing nurses to the framework of nursing practice in a high acuity setting to allow them to enter the clinical setting better prepared
- Prepare nurses to participate in a Critical Care Nursing Program/training.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.