Integrated Remote Care Monitoring-Available Fall 2022
Hybrid course– online login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration. Online components (quizzes) must be completed 1 week prior to attending the in-person workshop – details will be posted online on the course platform.
Online work must be completed prior to attending the in-person hands on workshop held at The Michener Institute of Education at UHN.
This training was developed in partnership with Toronto Grace Health Centre and GRT Health, to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to support remote monitoring within a variety of situations within a home / community environment. You will learn how to set up, administer and troubleshoot a variety of remote monitoring equipment including the recognition of erroneous signals. You will also have the opportunity to learn and demonstrate effective communication with patient’s, family members and members of the interprofessional health care team.
- Demonstrate the effective set up, administration and troubleshooting of a variety of remote monitoring equipment.
- Recognize normal and abnormal vital signs.
- Determine the quality of vital sign measurements and troubleshoot erroneous signals/readings.
- Demonstrate effective communication with patients, family members and the inter-professional team.
Two online quizzes must be completed before attending the 4-hour workshop.
Hands on in-person workshop- practical assessment:
Workshop location: The Michener Institute of Education at UHN, 222 St. Patrick Street, Toronto, Ontario
Time: 09:00 am- 1:00 pm
Workshop date: as indicated on registration
Please Note: You must have completed all required online assignments and tests minimum 1 week prior to workshop date in order to be eligible to attend the workshop.
Remote care monitoring skills are in high demand in health care settings outside of hospitals and clinics. This course is designed for health care practitioners including Personal Support Workers, Registered Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses, Physiotherapists. Family members and caregivers may also benefit from attending this course.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.