Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Modalities II
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
$1500 domestic / $2250 international
Francois D. Roy, PhD CNIM
After completing IONM 140 learners are expected to:
- recognize the common IONM modalities used to monitor sensory and motor function in the operating room
- be able to describe the practical aspects and requirements needed to stimulate, record and interpret intraoperative neurophysiological signals
- be able to explain the benefits that each IONM modality can provide to a wide range of neurosurgical and spinal procedures
IONM 140 will focus on the IONM modalities that provide real-time, intraoperative information on sensory and motor function. Basic principles of the modalities will be discussed, along with their relevant application during surgery. Practical information will be provided on how each modality is performed and close attention will also be given to the detection, interpretation, and troubleshooting of intraoperative signal changes. This course will culminate with a general overview of all the IONM modalities and the practice of multimodality monitoring.
The course is divided into 12 learning modules (sections) some of which are further subdivided into learning units.
Online quiz after each module, final multiple choice online exam
Health professionals who are or will be working in an intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring role.
Only full CANM members are permitted to register for this course without first applying for the Certificate Program.
- IONM 130
- Enrolled in the IONM Certificate Program and/or Full CANM membership – please submit your CANM membership number when registering for the course.
- Introduction to SEPs
- SEPs from the upper limb
- SEPs from the lower limb
- SEP interpretation and case studies
- Introduction to MEPs
- MEPs from the upper limb
- MEPs from the lower limb
- MEP interpretation and case studies
- D-wave monitoring
- Direct cortical MEPs
- Mapping and the eloquent cortex
- Multimodality monitoring
Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Modalities II – IONM140
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.