Introduction to Hospice Palliative Care- offered by de Souza Institute
On-line, with weekly progress and forum work
Visit de Souza Institute for fees and registration
This course will explore definitions, concepts, evidence-informed best practices, and principles of hospice palliative care provision in Canada today. This course will cover eight sections for teaching and integrating the essential principles for hospice palliative care into practice.
Christine A. Tanner’s (2006) model for clinical judgment and the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association of Canada’s (CHPCA) A Model to Guide Hospice Care: Based on National Principles and Norms of Practice (2002, rev 2013) will provide the frameworks to guide course participants when assessing and addressing the following eight domains of issues related to hospice palliative care:
- Disease Management
- Physical domains of issues
- Psychological domains of issues
- Social domains of issues
- Spiritual domains of issues
- Practical domains of issues
- End of life care
- Management of loss and grief
For more information and to register: de Souza Institute
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.