Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) Instructor Update Course-Not Available
In class didactic and simulation.
Please see table below for fees and dates.
7 hours- 8:00 am-4:00 pm. Please see prerequisites for important course details and information.
Marion Deland RNC-NIC,MN and Marilyn Hyndman RRT,MAppSC(RESP) -Instructor Trainers from the Provincial and NRP committee
- What’s new in NRP 2016
- Skill stations focusing on 7th edition changes
- Intraosseous needle insertion
- Alternative airway-introduction to “DOPE”
- Chest compressions
- Integrated Skills Stations Assessment
- Briefing /Debriefing
- Promotion and Implementation of ongoing learning
This course is a 2016 Update for NRP instructors registered with The Canadian Pediatric Society. Please note you must present your current NRP Instructor card at time of registration.
Physicians: NRP is approved for Mainpro-C credits (College of Family Physicians of Canada) and Maintenance of Certification Section 2 credits (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada). NRP course participants can claim credits for every educational hour.
These credits apply to all NRP training, including Provider courses and Instructor training/updates.
Nurses: In Canada, nurses can log their course time as part of their provincial regulatory body’s continuing competency requirements.
Midwives: In Canada, midwives can log their course time as part of their provincial regulatory body’s continuing competency requirements.
RRTs: The individual regulatory bodies determine what qualifies for credits according to their program. The Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists allocates 1 credit per educational hour.
The NRP course and online exam is approved for continuing professional education and development credits.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.