Pharmacology for Chiropodists
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $799 International: $1038
This course provides the educational basis required for Chiropodists and Podiatrists to effectively and safely prescribe oral antibiotics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories agents. This course emphasizes the development of clinically relevant knowledge and sound clinical reasoning skills.
Please Note: As of June 25, 2021, successful completion of this course is no longer approved to fulfil the educational requirements of the College of Chiropody of Ontario Chiropodists. Practitioners who seek to perform the regulated act of prescribing in the province of Ontario are directed to the currently approved CHCP800 course.
It is recommended that practitioners from jurisdictions outside of the province of Ontario consult with their own regulatory bodies regarding specific pharmacological educational requirements.
Chiropodists and Podiatrists
Once you have completed part A & B of CH802, in order to be granted prescribing privileges by The College of Chiropodists of Ontario, you must:
- Request a formal transcript from The Michener Registrar. The transcript will then be sent directly to the College.
Transcript form and information
There are two parts to this course, as follows:
• The 8 week online component covers an Introduction to Pharmacology, Pain Management and Analgesic Agents (NSAIDS), and Antibiotics (Penicillins-PCNs, Cephalosporins-Cephs, Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim-Septra, Bactrim, Clindamycin, Macrolides, Fluroquinolones, Tetracycline hydrochloride).
• You must complete a period of self-directed practice that is supervised (by a physician or healthcare professional licensed to prescribe) with respect to pharmacological interventions.
• During this time, you will be expected to implement and follow-up pharmacological management plans for five patients in your practice.
• The practicum must be completed within 3 months of finishing the 8 week online component PART A.
Pharmacology for Chiropodists – CH802
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.