Pharmacology for Chiropodists
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $799 International: $1038
This course provides the educational basis for practicing Chiropodists to utilize new prescription rights outlined in the expanded scope of practice under Schedule 2 Antibiotics and Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatories for Oral Use. This course is also relevant to practitioners who wish to update their knowledge and skills in prescribing oral antibiotics and NSAIDS.
Once you have completed part A & B of CH802, in order to be granted prescribing privileges by The College of Chiropodists of Ontario, you must:
- Request a formal transcript from The Michener Registrar. The transcript will then be sent directly to the College.
Transcript form and information
There are two parts to this course, as follows:
• The 8 week online component covers an Introduction to Pharmacology, Pain Management and Analgesic Agents (NSAIDS), and Antibiotics (Penicillins-PCNs, Cephalosporins-Cephs, Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim-Septra, Bactrim, Clindamycin, Macrolides, Fluroquinolones, Tetracycline hydrochloride).
• You must complete a period of self-directed practice that is supervised (by a physician or healthcare professional licensed to prescribe) with respect to pharmacological interventions.
• During this time, you will be expected to implement and follow-up pharmacological management plans for five patients in your practice.
• The practicum must be completed within 3 months of finishing the 8 week online component PART A.
Pharmacology for Chiropodists – CH802
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.