Pharmacology for Chiropodists
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $799 International: $1038
This course provides the educational basis for practicing Chiropodists to utilize new prescription rights outlined in the expanded scope of practice under Schedule 2 Antibiotics and Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatories for Oral Use. This course is also relevant to practitioners who wish to update their knowledge and skills in prescribing oral antibiotics and NSAIDS.
Once you have completed part A & B of CH802, in order to be granted prescribing privileges by The College of Chiropodists of Ontario, you must:
• Request a formal transcript from The Michener Registrar. The transcript will then be sent directly to the College. Please find the transcript form and information at: http://www.michener.ca/current/trans.php
There are two parts to this course, as follows:
• The 8 week online component covers an Introduction to Pharmacology, Pain Management and Analgesic Agents (NSAIDS), and Antibiotics (Penicillins-PCNs, Cephalosporins-Cephs, Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim-Septra, Bactrim, Clindamycin, Macrolides, Fluroquinolones, Tetracycline hydrochloride).
• You must complete a period of self-directed practice that is supervised (by a physician or healthcare professional licensed to prescribe) with respect to pharmacological interventions.
• During this time, you will be expected to implement and follow-up pharmacological management plans for five patients in your practice.
• The practicum must be completed within 3 months of finishing the 8 week online component PART A.
Pharmacology for Chiropodists (CH802) – Continuing Education
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|CH802-FE1||Pharmacology for Chiropodists||Online||$1,038.00||Sep-08-2020 to Oct-30-2020||Aug-28-2020||Closed|
|CH802-WE1||Pharmacology for Chiropodists||Online||$1,038.00||Jan-11-2021 to Mar-05-2021||Jan-04-2021||Closed|
|CH802-FE1||Pharmacology for Chiropodists||Online||$1,038.00||Sep-07-2021 to Oct-29-2021||Aug-27-2021||Open|
|CH802-WE1||Pharmacology for Chiropodists||Online||$1,038.00||Jan-10-2022 to Mar-04-2022||Dec-31-2021||Open|