In response to continuing developments with COVID-19, the remainder of Michener’s Winter 2020 semester will be delivered in a virtual format. This includes final exams and assessments. Each program is exploring different formats for exams and assessments that will deliver the best possible learning outcomes for our students. We will continue to provide specialized learning resources to our students who need accommodation.
We are currently planning for the Summer 2020 semester. Our hope is that it will proceed although we are considering alternatives. We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our students, staff and faculty in all planning.
Recognizing that this is a stressful time for all, please continue to care for yourselves and each other whilst maintaining appropriate social distancing and PPE.
- Coaching and Counselling – There are no in-person appointments available. All appointments are by telephone or by video. Students can inquire about support by emailing email@example.com.
- Health Services – There are no in-person appointments available but services continue to be available for students by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peer Tutoring – To arrange for a tutor, please email email@example.com.
- Accommodation and Accessibility – Please continue to follow the steps outlined on Accommodation and Accessibility page.
- WalkSafe is paused until in-person classes/labs resume.
- Graduation photos have been postponed and will be rescheduled.
- Microsoft Office downloads and instructions – free for students
- Convocation planning continues, pending further developments.
The Registrar’s Office is delivering services remotely and is available by email. Current students who want to drop forms off can leave them at Reception or drop them in the drop box outside of Room 500.
Learning Resource Centre
The LRC staff are available by email, and can help with the following resources:
- The Helpdesk is available by email or phone.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 416-596-3101 x3369
- Some Facilities staff will remain on-site as long as the building remains open.
- The Ricoh print centre remains open.
- To call Security internally, dial extension 3313