July 30, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Administrative Assistant position with The Michener Institute.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (BILINGUAL)
Full Time Contract
12 months with possibility of renewal
In 2017, the Michener Institute agreed to undertake the development of the new comprehensive Personal Support Worker (PSW) Registry on behalf of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC). When completed, it will assure PSWs, employers, and the public that the care being provided by Registered PSWs is competent and safe. The Registry is being developed in phases, culminating in a comprehensive registry by 2019.
For more information on the PSW Registry of Ontario, please visit our website http://www.psw-on.ca.
- Coordinating meetings, preparing required materials and taking minutes
- Welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintaining security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges as necessary.
- Processing financial documents including cheques and invoices
- Scheduling appointments
- Maintaining filing system for important documents
- Room bookings
- Providing support to PSW Registry staff as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant post-secondary degree/diploma
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role and environment
- Fluently bilingual in English and French , written and verbal
- Knowledge of Records and Registration operations preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Adaptable and resourceful
- Strong networking ability and excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Visio, WordPress and SharePoint
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #18-01CFT to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.