June 14, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Assistant Professor position with The Michener Institute.
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
(Two Full Time Positions)
- Teach assigned laboratory/practical/simulation sessions
- Marks and assesses prepared work/examinations and provides feedback to students
- Provides ongoing guidance and advisement to students, as required
- Committed to continuous quality improvement and demonstrates flexibility in improving methods to engage and support students
- Challenges thought processes, fosters collaboration, and develops the ability of students to engage in critical and rational thinking especially in a laboratory setting
- Plays a role in all aspects of course/program assessment, evaluation and improvement
- Works as a team player with colleagues and Academic Chair to ensure delivery of the best educational experience
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (minimum requirement); Bachelor’s degree considered an asset
- Maintains registration in good standing with the CMLTO and certification with the CSMLS
- Demonstrated clinical experience and currency in the field of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Previous experience teaching in a clinical setting considered an asset
- Fluency with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated troubleshooting of analysers and other lab equipment considered an asset
- Exhibits strong organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Current membership with Canadian Society Medical Laboratory Sciences considered an asset
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #18-14FTR by Thursday, June 28, 2018 to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.