June 11, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Assistant Professor position with The Michener Institute.
Assistant Professor, Radiological Technology
- Teach assigned laboratory/practical/simulation sessions
- Marks, and assesses prepared work and examinations and provides feedback to students
- Provides guidance and advisement to students, as required
- Must be committed to continuous quality improvement and demonstrate flexibility in improving methods to engage and support students
- Challenges thought processes, fosters collaboration, and develops the ability of students to engage in critical and rational thinking
- Plays a role in all aspects of course/program assessment, evaluation and improvement
- Team player who works with colleagues and the Academic Chair to ensure delivery of the best educational experience
- Diploma in Radiological Technology (minimum requirement); Bachelor’s degree would be considered an asset
- Maintains registration in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
- Demonstrated clinical experience and currency in the field of Radiological Technology, including experience in CT, General Radiography and Venipuncture (3 to 5 years’ experience considered an asset)
- Fluency with Microsoft Office applications
- Exhibits strong organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Current membership with Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #18-13PFT by June 25, 2018 to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.