July 17, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Accociate Professor position with The Michener Institute.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, RADIATION THERAPY
Full Time Contract
(August 27th 2018 – July 31st 2019)
- Prepares, teaches, and oversees labs as per Michener course management policy
- Fosters knowledge building and transfer including practical skills, methods and techniques
- Challenges thought processes, fosters collaboration, and develops the ability of students to engage in critical and rational thinking
- Supervises, provides guidance and advisement, where required, for student projects
- Sets, marks, and assesses work and examinations and provides timely and constructive feedback to students
- Determines and submit final course grades
- Maintains identified office hours for student support in the areas of remediation, advisement, and learning plan development and documentation of student progress
- Participates in scholarship and research activity
- Willingness to complete courses in curriculum design and development as well as IPC certificate
- Completion of undergraduate degree and relevant diploma or equivalent
- Licensure from regulatory college and/or certification from the regulatory college
- Two (2) years’ experience working in the field of Radiation Therapy
- Minimum of one (1) year treatment planning and CT-Simulation experience
- An understanding and commitment to learning centered education
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #18-18CFTto:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.