July 26, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR, PSW REGISTRY PROJECT
Full Time Contract
(12 months with possibility of renewal)
In 2017, the Michener Institute agreed to undertake the development of the new comprehensive Personal Support Worker (PSW) Registry on behalf of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC). When completed, it will assure PSWs, employers, and the public that the care being provided by Registered PSWs is competent and safe. The Registry is being developed in phases, culminating in a comprehensive registry by 2019.
For more information on the PSW Registry of Ontario, please visit our website http://www.psw-on.ca.
- Developing and managing content for the Personal Support Worker (PSW) Registry; researching, writing and editing content for print and digital channels
- Providing communications expertise and support to the PSW Registry staff
- Planning, creating, and launching communications strategies for the PSW Registry
- Working collaboratively with the engagement and relationship advisor on the development of materials for the PSW Registry marketing strategy plan and implementation.
- Leading communications projects for all internal and external stakeholders
- Managing social media and website updates to support the Registry
- Planning and executing awareness campaigns targeting PSWs, employers, and the public
- Tracking and measuring response to campaigns, and building strategies based on trends
- Providing communications support for events/ projects significant to the PSW Registry
- Supporting PSW Registry staff with policy and guidelines development
- University degree in Communications or Marketing
- 3-5 years communication / marketing experience
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to address the communication needs of different comprehension levels and produce content appropriate to differing audiences
- Strong negotiating skills to get the best value on advertising and print contracts
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Precise attention to detail
- Proactive, motivated, and a resourceful team player
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High-level writing and editing skills
- Creative and innovative
- Some experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.