July 19, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Records and Registration Coordinator position with The Michener Institute.
RECORDS AND REGISTRATION COORDINATOR
Full Time Contract
(12 months with possibility of renewal)
In 2017, the Michener Institute agreed to undertake the development of the new comprehensive Personal Support Worker (PSW) Registry on behalf of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC). When completed, it will assure PSWs, employers and the public that the care being provided by Registered PSWs is competent and safe. The Registry is being developed in phases, culminating in a comprehensive registry by 2019. For more information on the PSW Registry of Ontario, please visit our website www.psw-on.ca.
The Records and Registration Coordinator will:
- Efficiently and accurately process applications submitted to the Registry
- Act as primary contact for applicants regarding the application process, incomplete files, addressing questions and concerns
- Accurately respond to all in person, telephone, and email inquiries in a timely manner
- Verify and review identity, education, supporting documentation, employment, and police record check of each applicant
- Maintain the integrity, security, accuracy, and consistency of applications under PSW Registry policies and procedures, and provincial/federal privacy legislation
- Identify and seek to resolve any issues related to registration information
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of Registry policies and procedures
- Provide input into improvements for the registry
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Postsecondary degree or diploma
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role with some customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong client focus
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and possess an eye for detail
- Experience using dynamic databases
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #18-19CFT to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.