June 25, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Research Assistant position with The Michener Institute. This position reports to the Senior Director, Learning, Innovation, and Applied Educational Research.
Full Time Contract
(3 Months with possibility of extension)
- Collecting primary and secondary data
- Conducting both qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Maintaining data
- Administering surveys and performing quality assurance
- Writing technical reports; transcription and thematic analysis of meeting notes
- Supporting curriculum evaluation and continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Undergraduate degree (minimum), Masters’ degree preferred
- Three years’ work experience in research
- Demonstrated proficiency with qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Demonstrated research skills including the ability to gather, synthesize and interpret data from multiple sources with strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills including the ability to summarize research findings and write technical reports
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with NVivo, SPSS, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; the ability to learn new software quickly is essential
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work independently
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting # 18-15CFT by July 6, 2018 to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.